In this blog, you will be guide along with How To Fix Roku Overheating Problems the most accurate solution. However, for this, you would need to go through this page till the end. Are you wondering what to do as you are seeing the red light on your Roku device or do you see a message saying “Your device is overheating?” if so, then you definitely need not worry at all as you will find the completely solved solutions that you’re looking for. Additionally, you can also be assure that you would not regret your decision.
Fix Roku Overheating Problems:-
What to do if there is a red light on your Roku streaming player or you see an error message stating that ‘your device is overheating’?
Now if your Roku streaming player has been placed inside a cabinet or in another enclosed space, especially with other electronic types of equipment, then this may lead to overheating. Nevertheless, there are two ways mentioned below that will let you know if your Roku player is too hot.
Step1 – The red light is turn ON
You should know that there are some Roku players that have a white light on the front of the unit and you might see this light turn ‘SOLID RED’ (which means not flashing) if it is too hot.
NOTE: if you find the ‘Red Light flashing’, then your Roku streaming player has insufficient power therefore you can refer to: go.roku.com/lowpower.
Step2 – Seeing the on-screen warning message
Now if your Roku player is too hot then you would see a warning message appearing in the corner of the screen saying “your device is overheating”.
Overheating Problems Solution :–
Warning: You got to be careful as the unit might be hot.
- First of all, you must carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku player and allow it to cool down.
- Secondly, you should find a cooler location for your Roku player; you should avoid placing the unit;
- Inside your cabinet or any enclosed place.
- Or on top of any electronic devices such as routers, cable boxes, audio/video receivers’ etc.
- And keep away from direct sunlight.
- You now need to wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku player to cool down. And after it has cooled down completely then you must plug the power cable back in and wait for the Roku player to power on. Now in case still see the error message saying “your device is overheating” or the Roku player is showing a ‘SOLID RED LIGHT’ then you will need to immediately unplug the power cable.
- At last, you need to repeat step 3 one more time; you should by now be over with the issue but if the problem persists then you should stop using it.
Roku Streaming Stick – HDMI Extender;
If you find that your Roku streaming stick is overheating then you can try installing a free HDMI extender to help remove it from the back of the TV.
For any further assistance, you can always get in touch with the technical support team which is available at any time. You can share your concerns with them without any hesitation and they will surely give you completely resolved solutions.