Do you want to know how to connect a Roku device to Wi-Fi without using a remote? Well, then this is just the perfect blog for you to get start. You should know that almost all Roku models use Wi-Fi to connect to the internet. And this works just fine but if you would like to connect to a new Wi-Fi network and you do not have the remote then it gets a little off track.
Therefore if your Roku device has already been connect to a Wi-Fi network and you only want to switch it over to another one then that’s good for you. You can easily use the Roku mobile app or the desktop browser extension as a virtual remote to switch Wi-Fi networks. However, if your Roku device is not connect to a Wi-Fi network then you would need to use ‘Ethernet’.
The following are the steps to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote via the Roku app:
- You would first need to set up the Roku app on your phone. You can get it for free, available on iPhones in the Apple App Store and for Androids in Google Play Store.
- Secondly, you should connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku player. However, in case your Roku is not connect to a Wi-Fi connection then this method will not work at all.
- After that, you will need to open the Roku app and tap on the ‘Devices’ option that is in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, you got to tap on your Roku device whenever it appears in the app.
TIP: In case you do not see it, then you should try restarting your phone or the Roku and then check it again.
- When that is done you should have your phone connected to the Roku as a remote. And then you need to tap on the ‘Remote’ option and use the virtual remote to select the ‘Settings’ tab on the left side of Roku’s home screen and now just select ‘Network’.
- And now you got to select the ‘Set up connection’ button and select ‘Wireless’ to let your Roku search for a new Wi-Fi signal. When the right signal is found or the one that you need then you should select it and enter the password.
- Now when you connect to the new network, then your virtual remote will disconnect. Therefore you would need to connect your phone to the new network and then reconnect it.
- You must keep in mind that you can keep using the Roku app as your virtual remote as long as you want. This is so, as it has all the same feature as a regular Roku remote; even can be found if you are using the latest version.
Looking for ways to connect your Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote using the web browser? Then you can follow the mention steps accordingly;
- First of all, you would need to download the Roku Google Chrome extension or the Roku extension for Microsoft Edge called Remoku.
NOTE: You must have your Roku device connect to a Wi-Fi network to get the following done successfully.
- And then you need to connect your computer and Roku player to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, you got to open Google Chrome on your computer.
- You will now have to click on the Remoku icon it should be seen in the toolbar located just in the top right part of the Chrome window. Doing so will bring up a virtual remote on the screen, and then you can go ahead and use it to navigate the Roku players menu.
- Now using the virtual remote, you got to select ‘Settings’ on the left side of Roku’s home screen and then select ‘Network’.
- After that, you must select ‘Set up connection’ and also select Wireless to let your Roku search for a new Wi-Fi signal. Then when it finds just the one you need; you should select it and enter your password in the given field.
- Lastly, when you choose a different Wi-Fi network then Remoku will automatically disconnect. You just need to connect your computer to that new network; hence you should be able to use the virtual remote once again.
The steps mentioned below are to connect the Roku device to Wi-Fi without a remote using the ‘Ethernet cable’
You should know that the method given will work only if your Roku device has an Ethernet port that includes the Roku Ultimate family of devices and also some Roku TVs. Additionally, you would need the free Roku app for iPhone and Roku app for Android to be able to use a virtual remote.
- Firstly, you must connect your Roku to the router using the ‘Ethernet’ cable and then you got to connect your iPhone or Android to the same router wirelessly; doing so will ensure that it’s on the same network.
- And then you need to open the Roku app and tap on ‘Devices’ in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next, you should tap on your Roku device when it appears in the app.
- After your phone and Roku device connect then you just need to tap on the ‘Remote’.
- And now on the Roku player, you need to use the virtual remote to select the ‘Settings’ tab on the left side of the home screen and then just select ‘Network’.
- You also need to select the ‘Set up Connection’ option and then select ‘Wired’.
- Finally, you need to select your network from the list and also enter your password. When you are done you just need to click on the ‘Connect’ button and now your Roku device should be connect to the Wi-Fi network successfully.
TIP: Now if you want you can go ahead and disconnect the ‘Ethernet’ cable.
Well, you should be satisfie with the above by now, and should be good to get start with your Roku device without any difficulty. Nevertheless, if you need any assistance regarding anything related you can always get in touch with the Technical Support team provided. And they will surely guide you through with the most relevant